Cherry Picks Participant Details
The National Cherry Blossom Festival, in conjunction with RAMW is proud to support the vibrant, diverse restaurant scene in the District for the 1.5 M attendees throughout the Festival. Restaurants are encouraged to enroll in the program to highlight items from their seasonal, springtime menus. Please note: the use of cherries as an ingredient is not necessary to participate in this promotion.
COMPLETE PARTICIPATION FORM DOWN BELOW
DEADLINE: February 14, 2020
Cherry Picks Weeks
- March 20-29 – Delightful Drinks
Highlighting all festive libations, cocktails and mocktails welcome!
- March 30-April 5 – Fresh Foodie Week
Highlighting all seasonal non-dessert food items.
- April 6-12 – Decadent Dessert Week
You may participate in one or more weeks.
Restaurant Guidelines and Responsibilities
- Complete application online before February 14, 2020.
- Submit three $50 gift certificates for fundraising, promotional or publicity purposes of the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
a. All gift certificates should be dated a year or more from the date of issuance; no purchasing restrictions
b. Failure of the Festival receiving the gift certificates by February 21, 2020 will void the restaurant from the program. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to National Cherry Blossom Festival, 1275 K Street, NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20005 ATTN: Cherry Picks.
- Provide logo for use in promotional marketing (145 pixels x 145 pixels).
- Provide picture of items for use in promotional marketing (300 dpi) images of your springtime items to be used in promotional marketing.
- You may enter items for more than one week, but photographs are needed for each dish/drink.
Promotional Responsibilities of the Festival
Cherry Picks restaurants will be promoted through the National Cherry Blossom Festival’s and RAMW’s marketing materials, including the following:
- Media Pitches: restaurant listing in the Cherry Picks press release, distributed in the Festival’s press kit at the kick-off press conference to all major local, national and international outlets.
- Social Media: cross promotion by RAMW and the Festival via various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The Festival reaches 100,000+ fans on Facebook 14,000+ followers on Twitter and 14,000+ followers on Instagram.
- E-blasts: Inclusion in both Cherry Picks e-blasts focusing on Spring Menus and in National Cherry Blossom Festival weekly e-newsletter highlighting dedicated weeks, sent to over 23,000+ subscribers of the National Cherry Blossom Festival list.
- Website: restaurant logo included on dedicated “Where to Eat” page on nationalcherryblossomfestival.org; link to “Where to Eat” page also included on various subpages of the site, including highest trafficked “Bloom Watch” page.
- Festival Official Guide distributed in The Washington Post: restaurant listing in Cherry Picks article. * ELIGIBLE ONLY TO RESTAURANTS THAT COMPLETE ALL RESPONSIBILITIES BY FEBRUARY 14, 2020.
ABOUT THE RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION METROPOLITAN WASHINGTON
The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) is the regional trade association representing restaurants and the foodservice industry in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Established in 1920, RAMW is an advocate, resource and community for its members. Visit www.ramw.org for more information.