The National Cherry Blossom Festival invites you to Spring It On!
Four weeks of food, fun, art, and culture at spring’s biggest welcome party? Yes, please!
The 2023 National Cherry Blossom Festival is one of the world’s greatest celebrations of spring and a perfect time to celebrate the start of a new season in one of the most iconic cities in the world. Spring is the time of new beginnings, and Festival-goers can take part in the beloved traditions and new experiences they can’t see anywhere else or any other time of the year. The Festival will commemorate the 1912 gift of trees from Tokyo to Washington, D.C. It’s a unique celebration of international friendship and intercultural connection with something for everyone. So go all out celebrating the season and create memorable moments with friends and family this spring.
Seeking inspiration? Here are just some of the ways to Spring It On with us!
- Take in the Tidal Basin during peak bloom and enjoy a free performance among the blossoms at the Tidal Basin Welcome Area & ANA Stage
- Let your blossom kite fly at the Blossom Kite Festival presented by Hilton
- Experience one-time-only performances featuring world-renowned artists and celebrate Japan-U.S. friendship at the Opening Ceremony co-presented with the Japan Foundation at the historic Warner Theatre or via Livestream
- Join the outdoor event filled with music, art, and fun for all ages at Petalpalooza® at Capitol Riverfront presented by Chase
- Wear your cherry blossom love on your sleeve with official merchandise from NCBFStore.org
- Witness a procession of petals and Grand Marshals Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse and show-stopping performances at the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC
- Bring petal pride to your front door through Petal Porches presented by Amazon
- Earn Blossom Badges with Blossom Kids activities and become a Bloomin’ Junior Ranger through the National Park Service
- Indulge in a taste of spring with one or two Cherry Picks restaurants through Cherry Hunt, an interactive experience on the Goosechase app offering points for dining and a chance to win prizes
- Continue the fun in your finest pink attire with Cherry Night, a celebration of D.C. nightlife
- Share your Festival experiences on social media using the #SpringItOn hashtag
- Make sure your furry friend’s Festival experience is fabulous by stopping by pet comfort stations at select events, part of Paws & Petals presented by Mars Petcare
- Look for your City in Bloom – cherry blossom decals in store windows, buildings illuminated in pink, and more.
- Follow the flowers from the comfort of home with #BloomCam
- See artistic interpretations of spring come to life with Art in Bloom, with installations blooming across events throughout the Festival, including a three-dimensional interpretation of the 2023 Official Artwork by Official Artist Orlando Quevedo, and an XR activation by ARTECHOUSE DC of the Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge.
- Share the love of Japanese culture during Sakura Matsuri – Japanese Street Festival produced by Japan America Society of Washington DC.
Visit NationalCherryBlossomFestival.org and sign up for email updates for all the latest details!