START THE FESTIVAL SEASON WITH US!
CO-PRESENTED WITH THE JAPAN FOUNDATION
The National Cherry Blossom Festival’s signature Opening Ceremony is an artistic celebration of the 1912 gift of trees from Tokyo to Washington, D.C., and an annual tribute to the longstanding friendship between Japan and the United States. This unique, one-time-only performance will feature special performances from acclaimed artists with ties to both countries.
Watch the 2022 Opening Ceremony livestream below and please subscribe to our YouTube channel for more great Festival content!
Want to know who will be performing at the 2023 Opening Ceremony? Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to find out!
a SNEAK PEAK OF PAST PERFORMANCES!
PLAN YOUR VISIT
The guidelines for 2022 are listed below, 2023 is yet to be determined. The show will be livestreamed on the Festival YouTube Channel.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- All fans must provide either proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, taken within 72 hours of the event, or proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (14 days past final vaccination shot).
- Negative COVID-19 tests, taken within 72 hours of the event, are required for guests from ages 3 to 12. Fans 2 & Under do not require testing.
- Live Nation will accept all FDA allowed COVID-19 PCR, Antigen, or Molecular Tests, that is date and time stamped, within 72 hours of the event.
- Masks are required at all times, except when actively eating and drinking.
- Bag Policy: The venue will only allow clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC tote bags no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″ and/or small clutch bags (4.5″x 6.5″)
We recommend booking convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation's leading parking reservations app.
To reserve your parking spot, visit the National Cherry Blossom Festival Opening Ceremony SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up.