Register for petal porches!
The National Cherry Blossom Festival invites Washington, DC area residents to spring on the creativity and register now to decorate their homes for spring in all things pink and blossoms with Petal Porches presented by Amazon! Registration is now open, register by March 13th to receive a complimentary yard sign, while supplies last.
*Please note: Information, dates, and program details subject to change.
How does it work?
Registration is FREE. All registered participants will receive a downloadable sign to print and include in your display. Once registered, you will be added to the official Petal Porches Map. Make sure to register early to get a FREE Official National Cherry Blossom Festival Petal Porches yard sign!
Tips for registering:
- Be creative with your porch name and when describing your display.
- Get your neighbors to register for a chance to compete for Best Blossom Block.
I registered! What’s next?
You should see your home listed on the Petal Porches map within 3-5 business days.
Don’t have a porch? No problem! Feel free to decorate your yard, sidewalk, window, or something else visible from the street or sidewalk. Petal Porches should be decorated during the dates of the Festival: Wednesday, March 20 through Sunday, April 14.
Tips for decorating:
- Bring spring to your neighborhood by decorating in the theme of cherry blossoms, pink, springtime, or create your own theme! Please decorate for a family-friendly audience.
- Shop the Petal Porches Amazon Wishlist.
- Need more inspiration? Check out the photos below, as well as these how-to videos from local artists for ideas on how to make homemade decorations for your porch, yard, and window. Scroll to the bottom of the page to check out last year’s competition winners!
I’m all blossomed up! How else can I get into the spring spirit?
To add to the excitement, Petal Porches is hosting a neighborly competition with two categories for the chance to win special cherry blossom prizes. To sign up, select “yes” when registering your Petal Porch. You will be contacted by a blossom team member to submit a photo and porch theme. Follow the Festival on social media and subscribe to the newsletter for the latest updates. The competition categories are:
- Best Blossom Block: Awarded to the best-decorated block of porches. Festival staff will judge based on a block’s participation and overall theme. The winner will receive a neighborhood party.
- Prime Petal Porches: Awarded to the best-decorated porch in each DC Ward. Maryland and Virginia will also have one winner per state. Festival staff will select the top three porches per DC Ward, Maryland, and Virginia. Guest judges will tour and select winners. The winner will receive a custom watercolor rendering of their Petal Porches submission photo to remember their winning design for years to come!
Rules & Regulations
- Displays must be fully decorated during the dates of the Festival: March 20 through April 14.
- Displays must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Displays should not focus on religious, political, ideological, or controversial themes or issues. Use of any political sign, social, or political material is not permitted.
- Petal Porch participants are asked to refrain from portraying any commercial marketing in their displays. Businesses interested in embracing the spring spirit through creative exteriors are encouraged to sign up for the Festival’s City in Bloom program.
- National Cherry Blossom Festival reserves the right to exclude any displays that do not meet our guidelines or that feature content not aligned with our mission.
- Registrations are limited to one per household, per location.
- Registration for the Petal Porches and/or tagging the @cherryblossfest, #PetalPorches and related photos or videos on social media grants the National Cherry Blossom Festival permission to use your images and footage on any platform.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2022 WINNERS
Best Blossom Block: 1300 Block of A St. NE Washington, DC
Prime Petal Porches
Ward 1: Cherry Blossom Embassy – Let Peace Bloom
Ward 2: Minion in Pink
Ward 3: Pretty in Pink
Ward 4: Pink Petal Porch Party
Ward 5: We Flamingos Love Cherry Blossom Festival!
Ward 6: House of 1,000 Cranes
Ward 7: 32nd Sweet Southeast
Ward 8: PinkPalace SomeBunny Guarding the Cherry Blossoms Red Carpet Entrance
Kensington: Bloom Where You Are Planted- Cheery, Cherry Pink Passion for Kensington
Seat Pleasant: Kon’nichiwa Sakura
Silverspring: Lanterns and garlands
Herndon: Cherry Blossom at the Historic Herndon Halloween House
Alexandria: Cherry pink
People's Petal Porch Winners
DC: Ward 4 – Pink Petal Porch Party
MD: Silver Spring – Lanterns and Garlands
Swipe to check out more photos below featuring some of our favorites!
Want to register and decorate your home as part of Petal Porches?