Torpedo Factory Art Center
Cherry Blossom Jubilee
Celebrate the Cherry Blossoms during the height of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. After Saturday’s Cherry Blossom Parade in D.C., stop by the heart of Alexandria the next day to enjoy cherry blossom-themed activities and other events. Kick off the celebrations at noon with a live performance by taiko drum group Nen Daiko by the Waterfront entrance. Afterward, view cherry-blossom-inspired works of art throughout studios and galleries on all three floors. Enjoy music and live art demonstrations from participating TFAC artists.
Schedule of Activities
- 12 pm – Nen Daikotaiko drumming by the Waterfront entrance
- 2 pm – Pro Coro Alexandria performance in the North Hall
Hands-on Projects between 12 – 3 pm:
- Kumihimo Braiding with Potomac Fiber Arts Gallery (Studio 29)
- Painting with Nature with Saya Behnam (Studio 229)
- Cherry Blossom balloon painting with Guido Zanni (Studio 344)
- Cherry Blossom Hands-on Design Project provided by AIA Northern Virginia in the South Hall as a part of April’s Architecture Month.
In the Studios:
Visit various studios and galleries throughout all three floors to view The 2022 Cherry Blossom Exhibition. Resident artists showcase their floral and festive designs for visitors to enjoy all month long! On display from Saturday April 2 to Sunday May 1.
MAP YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE
What began with a gift in 1912 at the Tidal Basin is now a four-week extravaganza spanning Washington, DC, and neighboring communities in Maryland and Virginia. Click the filters on our interactive map to see all that the Festival has to offer and craft a tailored experience as you Rediscover Spring. From exciting events to convenient hotels, delectable Cherry Picks restaurants to vibrant Art in Bloom installations, and a jaw-dropping City in Bloom to joyful Petal Porches, see the Washington, DC area as you can only see it once a year!